Sunday, August 12, 2012

SUSAN: Why I read...

I moved to NY at the beginning of 2012. It was a huge move for me. I didn't know a single person here, leaving behind a very rich, full, fun life in San Francisco.  But, it was a great job opportunity for me and I rarely shy away from a challenge that requires relocation...I'm a bit of a gypsy that way.  

But, NY is not the easiest place to call home. Between working long hours and just not feeling very "connected", I've retreated a bit. I don't mind it, actually...the quiet of life in a very loud city.  

Along came a friend named Kindle Fire. :)  ...and a very eager, borderline obsessed, sister...who was getting VERY entrenched into reading romance novels.  She recommended a trilogy: Fifty Shades (shocker) and I was engrossed.  I'd never really read romance books...and definitely not erotica.  It was pretty cool opening up myself to things that I would normally be embarrassed about.  But, I was hooked.  


I've moved past the bruhaha that is Fifty Shades and found myself really enjoying diving into all-things romance.  8 months and 100+ books later, I'm still hooked.  It's been liberating, comforting, entertaining...

Read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment