Thursday, October 4, 2012

SUNNY: BOOK REVIEW "Reflected In You" by Sylvia Day


SUMMARY from GOODREADS:
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession..

REVIEW:
For Heaven’s sake, my jaw still hurts from clenching my teeth the whole time while reading this book.  So much happens, the story is so intense.  The attraction between Eva and Gideon is beyond just physical attraction, it almost defies the laws of physics.  

While reading this book,  I just had one question that I kept asking myself:


Is it enough to just acknowledge you’re f*cked-up and then go head long into engaging bad behavior that will ultimately, make you feel bad about yourself?
I started to get a little irritated with Eva's attitude of “I cannot help myself”... denying all responsibility. But then I realized it also the most delicious part of this book.  Who has not at some point in their life wanted to be completely consumed by passion and love? Throw caution to the wind and just go with "I cannot help myself."

I liked this book more than the first.  The first book almost feels like a prologue.  My questions about book one, begin to get answered here and it is enough so that I am willing and somewhat desperate to read the third book.

IN A NUTSHELL: 
If you are looking for an intensely wild, breath-taking read, GO GET THIS BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment