Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SUNNY: BOOK REVIEW "Entwined with You" by Sylvia Day


Summary from Goodreads:
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…


Review:
When I was in college, General Hospital was a national obsession.  Really, students would literally schedule their classes around the 2:00pm hour so they wouldn't miss a single episode of this soap opera.  Reading the Crossfire series brought me right back there.  These books are ADDICTIVE.  This book is FUN.  Sylvia Day knows what her readers want and she gives it to them abundantly.  If you are a Gideon Cross fan, prepare to swoon.  If you want a heart-wrenching love story, you won't be disappointed. If want to finally see a seed of a HEA (Happily Ever After), you get some of that too.  If you want to be on a roller coaster of emotions, this will not disappoint.  If you like hot, heavy, demanding love scenes - this book has A LOT of it. 
  
This book is a delicious soap opera.  The characters are bigger than life and the story is over the top.  After the fist-clenching drama of the last book, this book gives us moments to savor.  All the characters have stories that advance - Eva and Gideon, Cary, Eva and Brett, Migumi, and yes, we get a little more on Angus.  And yes, the ending left us with  unanswered questions, but it is not bothersome.  I'm mostly glad that there will be more!

IN A NUTSHELL:  A satisfying installment in the Crossfire series.  Totally Savor-able.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment