Gabby Ward is not happy that Hunter has returned. Bitter over his rebuff years before, she’s content to stay far away from him and his dangerously charming ways.
Gabby’s well-schemed plans to ignore Hunter go up in flames when he presents an offer to her that she simply can’t refuse, throwing them together in a common quest to each reach their goals. Working together day in and day out proves to be problematic for Gabby, who soon realizes that the feelings she had for him are still very much alive. Hunter struggles to reach through to Gabby’s cold heart, all while starting a new career away from his life as a top ranked, professional surfer.
What starts out as a mutual business arrangement soon turns into a passion that neither of them can continue to deny.
Hard choices lay ahead for both of them when Hunter is offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to return to the pro surfing tour.
Choices that could destroy what they have built or take them further than they ever had dared to hope.
1. It's Sawyer Bennett and her amazing ability to write poignant and passionate stories.
2. She creates believable worlds with hunky heroes and relatable heroines.
3. Her characters could be your best friends. You like them that much. They are funny, loyal, compassionate, and straight forward (they don't play games).
4. Hunter Markham - a hero in my book with the ability to make difficult choices, and stick with what he knows is right for him.
5. Gabby Ward is adventurous and courageous. Never taking the easy way, she chooses to take a career path that puts her under greater scrutiny and subject to sexist judgments. You go, girl!
6. Hunter is a world class surfer! Yowzah!
7. She mentions Huntington Beach twice. (And yes, as you can imagine, there are plenty examples of what you could imagine Hunter might look like.)
8. She introduces us to a character whose story is surely going to break our hearts in the next book, Brody Markham. Ahh, Brody.
IN A NUTSHELL:
If you are a fan of contemporary romance, make sure you include Sawyer Bennett and specifically this book in your collection.
-Trophy Husband by NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Lauren Blakely
-Finding the Right Girl by NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Violet Duke
-Indulgent Pleasures by USA Today Bestselling Author Karen Erickson
-Keeping You by iBooks and International Bestselling Author Jessie Evans
-With Every Heartbeat by USA Today Bestselling Author Melody Grace
-Unravel Me by NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Kendall Ryan
-Text Appeal by NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Lexi Ryan