Thursday, January 31, 2013

SUNNY: BOOK REVIEW - "Entice" by Ella Frank



SUMMARY From Goodreads:

What if everything you think you want isn't what you actually need...

Dr. Shelly Monroe is a woman who doesn't shy away from going after what she wants, but lately good sex has been hard to find. Shelly's become increasingly frustrated with the men she's been dating and the men she believes are the right choice.

Joshua Daniels is certainly not even close to the right choice. In fact he is exactly the wrong choice. For one thing, he's Mason Langley's best friend and best man. Second he's too much of a risky complication for Shelly to even consider.

Then why can't she stop thinking about how delicious he looked that first night she met him at Exquisite? Why is it so imperative to keep her lusty desire for a man that doesn’t meet her preconceived mold hidden from Lena and Mason, her trusted friends? 

It seems unreasonable that being with a man completely wrong in theory could somehow feel so right. Then why is it the more she sees him the more enticing he becomes?


REVIEW:
Entice is the highly anticipated sequel to Exquisite.  How anticipated?  Well, I squealed a little when I found out that it was available three days earlier than expected and of course, I purchased it on the spot and devoured it that night.  Exquisite was one of those books that I liked but I liked even better the more I thought about it and decided I liked it a lot when I saw the trailer for this book.  I couldn't believe how inordinately happy I was that this sequel was forthcoming.

Who knew Ella Frank was such a romantic? This is book is an old fashioned love story peppered with some of the hottest scenes in print. The story really belongs to Shelly - her insecurities, her broken past, her determination to not be like her mother. I loved how Ella Frank took us out of Chicago to take a little trip down South to Savannah, to experience the scenery, the pace, and another side of Shelly. Josh is warm, kind, loving, and also a little weary, but he has no defense against this man-eating Georgia girl. 

This is not a perfect book. I wanted to get to know Josh's character more. Read more interactions with his brother and friends. How did Josh become the almost perfect hunk? 

And speaking of friends, if you are a fan of the first book, you will be please to see Mason, Lena, and Rachel woven intricately into the story. We even get to "participate" in Lena and Mason's wedding - I got a little weepy during the vows.

Ms. Frank does a wonderful job of setting us up for her next book by giving us just a peak into the first contact between Rachel and Cole. The whole idea of watching too very tightly strung people unfurl is making me giddy. It is enough to whet my appetite and keep me anxiously waiting for their story. Luckily we don't have to wait too long.


IN A NUTSHELL:  If you are a fan of Exquisite, this book is NOT TO BE MISSED.  If you are jumping into the books for the first time, Welcome to the hot world of Ella Frank.  

No comments:

Post a Comment